What to do with
Non electrical DIY equipment
If you’ve got non-electrical DIY equipment that you don’t need anymore, and it could be used by someone else, why not:
- If you're getting rid of unwanted DIY equipment, try selling it in the local newspaper, at car boots or try an online marketplace.
Donate or swap it!
- Ask family, friends, work colleagues or neighbours if they have a use for your ladder, saw or pasting table.
- Look out for local swapping events. You could even go online to give them away
- Try donating your equipment to a charity shop, a furniture re-use organisation or local community project. Try searching the internet or contact your local council to find your nearest re-use organisation. Always check first that the organisation accepts these kind of items.
How should I recycle it
Equipment that cannot be re-used by someone else can often be recycled, especially items made from wood and metal.
- Wooden and metal items can often be recycled at your local recycling centre